We’re looking for a large number of dedicated individuals to perform and be a part of our show process, eventually bringing the world-class convention entertainment that METROCON is known for to thousands of people at METROCON.
Auditions – When/Where
Auditions will take place February 12 and 18, 2017 at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, FL.
Auditions will begin at 10AM and 2PM each day, making four total opportunities for auditions – you only need to be present for one day at one of these times – expect to spend about two hours at auditions. For example: if you attend the 10AM session on February 12, you do not need to attend any other auditions sessions.
Things to take note of for those wanting to audition for METROCON:
- You must sign a hold-harmless and non-disclosure agreement to take part in the performances (link below)
- You must be 18 years of age by the time practices start for all shows
- You will be required to memorize your part from a script we provide
- You must be able to attend practices in Tampa, FL
- Practice days vary depending on the shows – detailed rehearsal date information can be found below
- Make sure to bring a completed tryout form AND an out of costume headshot attached to the completed form
- Wear comfortable clothes to auditions – we’ll be doing a warm-up/workout, a physical acting and combat portion, and interview, and a traditional acting audition
- You must be willing to make/provide/acquire your own costume if cast
- Tips: Bring water, wear sunscreen, bring a friend, be creative, and fight lots of invisible ninjas while reciting Shakespeare
- For those auditioning for Rhythm City Chronicles – please prepare a piece of dance choreography to perform at the audition – we will provide a speaker for you to hook up to (3.5 mm headphone/aux style).
Detailed Rehearsal Days/Times
Anime Human Chess Match – Saturday and Sunday, 10AM to 6PM, beginning May 6th, 2017.
The Masquerade – Workshops are Friday nights from 7PM to 10PM, starting March 31, 2017; rehearsals are a continuation of Friday nights from 7PM to 10PM and add Saturdays from 2PM to 6PM, starting May 6th, 2017
METRO Star Party – Saturday and Sunday, 2PM to 6PM, beginning May 6th, 2017.
METRO Fire Show – Workshops are Tuesday nights from 7PM to 10PM beginning March 28th, 2017; rehearsals continue Tuesday nights from 7PM to 10PM, and add Saturdays from 7PM to 10PM beginning May 6th, 2017
Rhythm City Chronicles – Workshops are Saturday nights beginning at 7PM, starting April 1st, 2017; rehearsals are Saturday and Sunday from 7PM to 10PM, beginning Saturday, May 6th, 2017
METRO Night Live – Workshops are currently TBD; rehearsals will take place on Saturday nights from 7PM to 8:30PM beginning May 6th, 2017
IMPORTANT: All cast members are required to attend the first day of rehearsal, Saturday, May 6th, for Orientation, from 10AM until 6PM. This is MANDATORY. Additionally, all performers are required to attend the convention all four days, and must be present at the Tampa Convention Center for a large portion of the Wednesday before the event (August 2nd, 2017). Please ensure that you have the ability to be available from work and other obligations during all rehearsal and show days – exceptions or days that you plan to miss MUST be listed on your audition paperwork.
Still have questions? Contact the appropriate director for each show with specific questions, or for general information on auditions reach out to the first contact below, Nick Fazio.