Are you ready to join the team of volunteers that brings METROCON to Tampa Bay every summer?
Volunteers do on average 10-15 hours of work spread throughout the 4-day weekend, and in return are given a free badge. You must attend certain orientations and meetings before the convention as well (many of which are digital and can be Skyped or done through Facebook Live). After submitting, our Head of Volunteers, Erin Fish, will be in contact regarding her decision.
Volunteer positions include checking badges at checkpoints, handling and restocking the Con Guide table at registration, load-in and load-out, and much more, based on needs of the staff. Be ready to be flexible!
In the “Details” section of the form on this page, please provide:
- Days/hours available
- Have you staffed a con before?
- If so, what con and what position?
- Why do you think you would do well in this position?
- What other relevant experience might you bring to the Volunteer staff?
- Have you attended METROCON in the past? If so, when?
- Do you have any relevant work or personal references you would be comfortable with us contacting? Please list their contact information if so.
- Is there any other information you’d like us to know?