We’re looking for a large number of dedicated individuals to perform and be a part of our show process, eventually bringing to life the world-class convention entertainment that METROCON is known for in front of thousands of people!
That’s right, we need YOU to be a part of the famous METROCON shows.
We’re hosting open auditions for the METROCON Events including:
Anime Human Chess Match
METRO Fire Show
METRO Night Live
Auditions – When/Where
Auditions will be held at Lowry Park in Tampa, FL on 2/10/2019 and 2/16/2019. The 2/10 auditions will be at Shelter 117, and the 2/16 auditions will be at Shelter 119.
Auditions will begin at 10AM and 2PM each day, making four total opportunities for auditions – you only need to be present for one day at one of these times – expect to spend about two hours at auditions. For example: if you attend the 10AM session on the first day, you do not need to attend any other auditions sessions.
Things to take note of for those wanting to audition for METROCON:
- You must sign a hold-harmless and non-disclosure agreement to take part in the performances (link below)
- You must be 18 years of age by the time practices start for all shows
- You will be required to memorize your part from a script we provide
- You must be able to attend practices in Tampa, FL
- Practice days vary depending on the shows – detailed rehearsal date information can be found below
- Make sure to bring a completed tryout form AND an out of costume headshot attached to the completed form
- Wear comfortable clothes to auditions – we’ll be doing a warm-up/workout, a physical acting and combat portion, and interview, and a traditional acting audition
- You must be willing to make/provide/acquire your own costume if cast
- Tips: Bring water, wear sunscreen, bring a friend, be creative, and fight lots of invisible ninjas while reciting Shakespeare
Detailed Rehearsal Days/Times
REHEARSAL DATES AND TIMES FOR 2019
ALL PERFORMERS FOR ALL SHOWS: Mandatory Orientation Saturday, April 20th, 2019 from 10 AM to 6 PM. First-year cast members for all shows are required to attend the first year training workshop on Sunday, 4/21/2019, from 10AM to 6 PM. Acting, improv, and combat training take place for ALL PERFORMERS from 10 AM to 6 PM on the weekends of 4/27 – 4/28/2019 and 5/4 – 5/5/2019.
Anime Human Chess Match – Rehearsals will take place on Saturdays and Sundays, from 2 PM to 6 PM, beginning 5/11/2019.
The Masquerade – Rehearsals will take place on Friday nights from 7 PM to 10 PM, and Saturday mornings from 10 AM to 1 PM beginning 5/10/2019.
METRO Fire Show – Rehearsals will take place every Tuesday and Saturday evening, from 7 PM to 10 PM, beginning 4/23. The first four rehearsal evenings will be training workshops, to coincide with the training schedule for acting and combat. Performers who are cast ONLY in Fire Show do not NEED to attend the daytime training workshops but are highly encouraged to do so.
METRO Night Live – Workshops are currently TBD; rehearsals will take place on Sunday mornings from 10 AM to 1 PM beginning 5/12/2019.
REMINDER: All cast members are required to attend the first day of rehearsal, Saturday, April 20th, for Orientation, beginning at 10 AM. This is MANDATORY. Additionally, all performers are required to attend the convention all four days (July 11-14, 2019), and must be present at the Tampa Convention Center for a large portion of the Wednesday before the event (July 10th, 2019). Please ensure that you have the ability to be available from work and other obligations during all rehearsal and show days – exceptions or days that you plan to miss MUST be listed on your audition paperwork and will influence our casting decisions.
Still have questions? Contact the appropriate director for each show for specifics!